|Me and Punky back in my Prius Online (not the car!) days.|
Back when Prius Online came out, I gave it a shot. While I admit that it didn't come close to blowing me away compared to many other f2p offerings, - for some strange reason I kept logging in anyway.
This is true, even though I had issues with several apsects of the game:
- The voice acting was terrible (when you click on an NPC just try not to laugh)
- The translations were hilariously bad at times. Misspelled words in cutscene captions were good comedy!
- Much of the music sounded like it was recorded on an old tiny Casio keyboard (some of it isn't too bad though)
- Some of the gameplay and questing was repetitive and linear.
- Random environment textures looked like they were borrowed from 2003, while others were very nice.
- Gender locked classes were very frustrating (why why why?!?)
Some of the positive aspects I remember, and expect in Arcane Saga:
- The combat was always satisfying - hits felt like hits. Numbers galore if you set the fight up right.
- Combat and movement was smooth (standard hotkey MMO, which I don't mind at all)
- The classes were interesting to play and advance in.
- The anima system worked well, and somehow I still miss my little Punky :(
- Gigas were fun to play and added an interesting element to the game.
- Some of the most creative and interesting mounts I've seen.
Now that Netmarble has picked it up, and it promises to get more attention - I'll be hopping back into the game once again.
NOTE: THIS GAME IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY! I couldn't even get my fifteen-year-old to even boot it up. I'm not offended if most of you reading this don't like the game. I'd actually be surprised if some of you actually enjoyed it!
Arcane Saga will be one of my guilty pleasures - don't judge me! Ha!